Dipl. Psych. Dipl. Phil. Petros Stathakos M.A
„I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.“ Groucho Marx
- Being bicultural myself (German-Greek), born 1974, I studied in Germany and in Greece and completed various educational trainings and specializations. Through these trainings, I developed a great sensitivity to the problems of cultural origin and identity.
- I work integrative, combining different methods from different psychotherapeutic schools, i.e. I use the psychotherapeutic methods and techniques that are most effective for the respective patient/client. Through various trainings I try to constantly expand and refine my therapeutic repertoire. My attitude dictates that the man or his self is far too complex and multifaceted to be adequately described and treated only through one theoretical system/paradigm.
- 20 years of professional experience as a clinical psychologist in the areas of prevention, counselling, health promotion, treatment, research, and crisis intervention.
- 15 years of professional experience as a psychotherapist in the areas of individual therapy, couples therapy, coaching, intervision/supervision.
- Long professional experience as a external psychotherapist for female/male prisoners in various penal institutions in Brandenburg.
- Long-term involvement and research on issues of male and female identity.
- 2022-23: Teaching as an external associate at two universities (MSB, HMU) in the subject: “Introduction to Crisis Psychology”.
- Diploma (Dipl. Phil.) in the study of German Language and Literature, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (1997)
- Magister Artium (M. A.) in Philosophy and Ethnology, Philipps-University of Marburg (2001)
- Diploma (Dipl. Psych.) in Psychology Philipps-University of Marburg (2002)
- Specialization in “Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy”, Philipps-University of Marburg (2002)
- Training in cognitive psychotherapy at the University Mental Health Research Institute in Athens(2008)
- Berlin Seminar for Intercultural Psychotherapy and Supervision: Centre for cross-cultural psychiatry, psychotherapy and supervision, Charité (2010)
- Freiburger curriculum for Interpersonal psychotherapy (2011)
- ISTB – Berlin: Training in systemic family therapy (2014)
- Training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Oliver Schubbe Institut, Berlin (2014)
- German Psychologists Academy (DPA), Berlin: Training in crisis psychology (2015).
- One of my basic beliefs is that the client carries the solution to his problem/concern in himself. I often help him in the form of a guide or an companion to find the solution for him and to implement it in the best way possible.
- The prerequisite of a successful psychotherapy is the therapeutic alliance between patient/client and therapist. This is guaranteed by the mutual appreciation, through respect, empathy and authenticity.
- The goal of therapy is help towards self-help, i.e. I will help you not to need me any more in the future.
- The treatment planning, the treatment goals and the therapeutic process are being co-developed, held transparent and if necessary moderated/corrected.
- At the end of a successful counselling/therapy you are able to make independently decisions, your action repertoire has expanded, you are satisfied with yourself (self-acceptance), and have evolved.