Dipl. Psych. Dipl. Phil. Petros Stathakos M.A
„I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.“ Groucho Marx
- Being bicultural myself (German-Greek), born 1974, I studied in Germany and in Greece and completed various educational trainings and specializations. Through these trainings, I developed a great sensitivity to the problems of cultural origin and identity.
- I work integrative, combining different methods from different psychotherapeutic schools, i.e. I use the psychotherapeutic methods and techniques that are most effective for the respective patient/client. Through various trainings I try to constantly expand and refine my therapeutic repertoire. My attitude dictates that the man/woman or his/her self is far too complex and multifaceted to be adequately described and treated only through one theoretical system/paradigm.
- 20 years of professional experience as a clinical psychologist in the areas of prevention, counselling, health promotion, treatment, research, and crisis intervention.
- 15 years of professional experience as a therapist in the areas of individual therapy, couples therapy, coaching, intervision/supervision.
- Long professional experience as a external therapist for female/male prisoners in various penal institutions in Brandenburg.
- Long-term involvement and research on issues of male and female identity.
- 2022-23: Teaching as an external associate at two universities (MSB, HMU) in the subject: “Introduction to Emergency Psychology”.
- Diploma (Dipl. Phil.) in the study of German Language and Literature, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (1997)
- Magister Artium (M. A.) in Philosophy and Ethnology, Philipps-University of Marburg (2001)
- Diploma (Dipl. Psych.) in Psychology Philipps-University of Marburg (2002)
- Specialization in “Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy”, Philipps-University of Marburg (2002)
- Training in cognitive psychotherapy at the University Mental Health Research Institute in Athens(2008)
- Berlin Seminar for Intercultural Psychotherapy and Supervision: Centre for cross-cultural psychiatry, psychotherapy and supervision, Charité (2010)
- Freiburger curriculum for Interpersonal psychotherapy (2011)
- ISTB – Berlin: Training in systemic family therapy (2014)
- Training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Oliver Schubbe Institut, Berlin (2014)
- German Psychologists Academy (DPA), Berlin: Training in emergency psychology (2015).
- One of my basic beliefs is that the client carries the solution to his problem/concern in himself. I often help him in the form of a guide or an companion to find the solution for him and to implement it in the best way possible.
- The prerequisite of a successful psychotherapy is the therapeutic alliance between patient/client and therapist. This is guaranteed by the mutual appreciation, through respect, empathy and authenticity.
- The goal of therapy is help towards self-help, i.e. I will help you not to need me any more in the future.
- The treatment planning, the treatment goals and the therapeutic process are being co-developed, held transparent and if necessary moderated/corrected.
- At the end of a successful counselling/therapy you are able to make independently decisions, your action repertoire has expanded, you are satisfied with yourself (self-acceptance), and have evolved.