Therapy & Counselling
Method, What I offer and General conditions
„Life is what happens to us, while we are busy making other plans“. Allen Saunders
In the psychotherapy and counselling sessions I use scientifically based methods: Cognitive-behavioural psychotherapy, systemic family therapy, paradoxical psychotherapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, intercultural psychotherapy, existential psychotherapy, mindfulness psychotherapy & crisis intervention.
Counselling and psychotherapy (HPG) is provided in the English, German and Greek language.
- Integrative, cross-methodical psychotherapy (HPG)
- Cognitive restructuring, changing dysfunctional schemas
- Exploration of the connection between thoughts, emotions, behaviour, symptoms, elaboration and correction of possible thinking errors
- Development of targeted decision-making and problem solving strategies
- Biography processing, development of a coherent narrative
- Relaxation techniques, health promotion, learning to increase the stress and frustration tolerance, stress management, mindfulness training
- Dealing with conflicts, blockades, unique situations, life coaching
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Couples therapy, nurture counselling, elaboration of common goals, systemic methods (e.g. circular questioning, family sculpture, etc.)
- Neuropsychological methods
- Paradoxical interventions
- Assertiveness training, communication training, promoting creativity, time management
- Dealing with violence, problems of impulse control
- Help to improve self-image: self-esteem, self-confidence, self-acceptance, coping with loneliness
- Grief work, help with role change (crossing to other stages of the life cycle)
- Coaching, Self-Management
What I offer
- Diagnosis, counselling
- Individual therapy for adults, adolescents
- Couples therapy, marriage-, divorce counselling, parent-, family counselling
- Intercultural psychotherapy, counselling of bicultural couples
- Training of social skills, self-evolvement, life management
- Crisis counselling, problem solving training, help with decision-making strategies
- Online counselling
- Affective disorders (depression, dysthymia)
- Anxiety disorders (panic attacks, agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, specific phobias)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Personality disorders
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Disorders of impulse control (dealing with own anger, violence issues)
- Dealing with stress, burnout
- Life crises (e.g. problems in professional life, parenthood, retirement, separation, mourning, immigration, etc.)
- Problems in the partnership, marriage, family, sex life
- The duration of a single counselling session is 60 minutes. The duration of the treatment can vary from 2-3 sessions (e.g. life-crisis, counselling, or help with the correct decision-making strategy for a very specific problem/dilemma) to a time period over a year. The counselling/psychotherapeutic sessions are usually held once a week, except for acute situations or problem worsening, where a greater session frequency is required.
- The time between sessions during the counselling/therapy is very important for the patient/client, in order to deal with the therapeutic contents and possibly fulfil specific agreed tasks (for example relaxation exercises, collecting thoughts, treatment diaries, little real-life experiments).
- A couple therapy or family counselling usually takes 5-20 sessions, with the intervals between sessions being usually longer than one week. The duration of the couple therapy session is 90-100 minutes.
- The cost for a session is agreed upon individually, depending on the session duration and the specific cost carrier (self-payer, private insurance).
- My psychotherapeutic work is regularly reflected by supervision, interaction with colleagues and constant educational trainings. Confidentiality is, of course, always assured.